What is Clinicea API
The Clinicea API is used by 3rd party developers to integrate their IT systems with Clinicea. In order to access the API you just need a valid API Key.
The API is REST based and can be involved via curl, fiddler, or any other tool of your choice that can make basic HTTP Calls. The API also comes with an inbuilt API Explorer. Once a valid API Key has been provided to the API Explorer, you can go around clicking on API methods and view sample responses without having to write a single line of code.
The Cinicea API can return the results 4 different formats
a. application/json – This is the default option as it is lightweight and is the most preferred option for developers universally.
Each time you make a request, the API will check in your request the response format you prefer and will return the result as per your desired format.
Common Response Codes for Clinicea APIs
- 200 OK: The API call was successful.
- 204 No Content: The server successfully processed the request but did not find any content to return.
- 400 Bad Request: The server cannot process the request due to a error in the way you have called the API. Examples of errors could be malformed request syntax, size too large, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing.
- 401 Unauthorized: Your credentials are not valid, OR; your credentials do not permit access to the module you are calling into.
- 429 Too Many Requests: The number of API requests you have made have exceeded the permissible limits.
- 500 Internal Server Error: A generic error message, given when an unexpected condition was encountered. This is being returned when a more specific message is not available.
- 503 Service Unavailable: The server is currently unavailable (because it is overloaded or down for maintenance). Generally, this is a temporary state.
Response Model and Schemas
Every API call also details the model of the class it returns. You can see the same at Model or Model Schema
All API calls need to use https. Access to data is restricted as per permissions given to the Role the Developer login has been given by the Clinicea Account Administrator. All API calls require a valid API Key.
Access & Pricing
API Access is not available as part of any plan and is an add-on that can be purchased by contacting your Account Manager. Details here.