How to set up Google Calendar one-way sync
Note: These instructions cover how to add a one-way sync to your Google Calendar. This is purely a calendar subscription, so no changes made to appointments in Google Calendar will sync back to Clinicea.
To get started with adding a one-way sync to Google Calendar, you’ll need to follow these instructions to get your Clinicea calendar subscription URL then follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Google Calendar.
2. Go to your calendar, and select Other Calendars. From the menu, choose Add by URL.
3. Paste the Clinicea calendar URL into the field provided in Google Calendar, and then click the Add Calendar button.
4. After a few seconds, the calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list on the left-hand side.
5. Rename the calendar by selecting Calendar settings.
6. Enter the correct name in Calendar Name field, and click Save.
7. When you go back to your calendar, it will now display under the name that you have just set up.
8. If you want to enable reminders on your newly linked Google Calendar, click the down arrow next to the name of the calendar and select Reminders and Notifications. Use the options to configure your reminders.
9. Google Calendar caches remote calendar URLs for some time – not helpful if you want to verify a change.
This can be circumvented by altering the URL while requesting the same content. Adding a query parameter (or attempting to add another one) will cause Google to treat the calendar as a new feed.
This is why we add “nocache” to the URL, to ensure changes in Clinicea calendar are picked up by the Google Calendar
Note: Clinicea updates to the URL you’re subscribed to every 15 minutes. Unfortunately, Google users don’t have much control over how often their Google Calendar ‘looks’ for updates from that link, so there may be a delay in the updates pushing to your Google Calendar.