How to setup Discount Authorisation
In Clinicea you can set a threshold value which limits the discount a Staff Member can give on a bill item. Any discount above the threshold value will be auto-sent for Approval. Approvals can be given by the person who has been given the authority to decide on such matters. Let us see how to activate Discount Authorisation.
STEP I: Switch on the preference that requires Authorisation to come into effect for discounted above a certain threshold.
- Go to Tools | Organization.
- Select your Organization to open it.
- Open Preferences | Financial.
- Switch on Stock Voucher needs Authorisation and enter a threshold discount value in the box just below it.
STEP II: Give the concerned person who will be approving the discount, Permission for Discount Authorisation.
- Go to Tools | Permissions.
- Select the Role of the concerned person in Point 1.
- Then in Point 2, under Finance and Inventory tick the Discount Authorisations check box.
That is it. Now any discount on a bill item which is above the percentage set will have to go for approval under Financials | More Options | Authorisation. It can be then approved by the Staff who has been given the above permission.