How to set up Default Staff for Appointments
Having a Default staff under which all appointments are automatically routed is useful in these scenarios:
- Sometimes a Clinic may have multiple Doctors, Nurses, Product Counselors. While all of them can take appointments with a patient, but the clinic workflow could be such that by default all appointments need to be with the Primary Physician in the Clinic.
- Alternatively, there could be Multiple Primary Physicians and the Clinic may have a policy of putting all patients in a common queue and then at a later time schedule them to individual Physicians.
In both these scenarios, the Clinic would want all appointments to default to a common staff or to a common queue. This can be done by setting up the Default Staff for Appointments. Here is how we do it.
1. Go to Tools | Organization, click on Organisation Name to open.
2. Organization Details window will open, scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Preferences | click on Calendar to open.
4. A Calendar window will open | click on drop-down menu under By default new appointments are assigned to and select Default Staff | click on Save.
5. You will automatically be diverted to Organization Details | Save.
6. Once the Default Staff is set, while making an Appointment that particular staff name will appear automatically in Appointment Details.
For example: If the Calendar is set to a Resource View, where only the Resources appear rather than any staff name and an Appointment is made, the Default Staff name will automatically be selected.
Similarly, if any other staff makes appointments, such as the Receptionist of the clinic, the Default Staff will once again be selected automatically.