How to record past Lab Results quickly
You may need to update a Patient’s EMR with past Lab Results for various reasons. Such as; The Patient has only, just started treatment with you and you need to record his past Lab Results. Or, you have just started using an EMR solution and you need to convert past dated paper-based Lab Results to the Patient EMR. Either way, you need an option to record and update the Patient EMR with past Lab Results. Clinicea, gives you the option to quickly record past Lab Results in the Patient EMR.
For Example, Let us assume, a Patient has just started consultation and treatment with you. After your assessment of the Patient’s medical condition, you want to order an Investigation i.e. CBC. However, the Patient informs you that he had taken a CBC, twice in the past 6 months and has the Lab Results with him. You now have a look at the results and want to record it in the Patient Chart.
Let us have a look at how to record past Lab Results:
PRE-REQUISITES: THESE STEPS NEED TO BE DONE ONLY ONCE
1. You will need to have the Clinical Section- Lab Result enabled in your Case Sheet.
2. Now, will need to create a Clinical Group, ex: CBC Result (For more info, please click on How to create Clinical Groups using Tools) | now, set the datatype to Date.
3. Add Item Parameters, as required | Save.
Now, let us have a look at how to record past Lab Results:
1. Select the Patient and open up the Patient Chart | go to Lab Results and click on the +button.
2. A Lab Results section will open on the right-hand side | Search, type in the result name and click on Search ex: CBC Result | now click on the +button beside the Result name. ex: CBC Result.
Once you add the CBC Result, it will then appear under Lab Results. You can now record the past Lab Results, by simply entering the Date of the Result in the field beside CBC Result. Now enter the Findings and Save.
Repeat this step to record multiple past Lab Results. Ex: CBC Result is added twice since the Patient has taken the test twice in the past.
3. Once Saved, you can view past Lab Results in the Patient Medical Summary on the right-hand side of the page.
Go to Medical History in the Patient Medical Summary | select All Visits, you can view the past Lab Results.