How to do a Stock-Take
Stock-taking or “inventory checking” is the physical verification of the quantities and condition of items held in an inventory or warehouse. It is a manual process where the physical quantity of an item, currently on the shelf, is counted and that value is updated in the software in order to tally the physical stock quantity with the QOH in the software. Let us now see how this process works in Clinicea.
1. To add a new stock-take, follow the steps below.
Go to Inventory | Stock-Take | +Add new.
2. The Stock-Take Details page opens. Enter the Name | the Date | Select the clinic name under Location. Switch on or off the Include Inactive Products option as necessary.
You also have the option to update past stock-takes. This means you can backdate a stock-take by as far back as 30 days.
3. The Stock-Take page opens where all the stock information is available. On the top of the screen, the name of the stock-take, Date and time and the name of the Clinic are shown.
Under the Stock-Take summary, the values of all the inventory items, the counted, uncounted and excluded items are displayed.
4. In the table, the manually counted values of each inventory can be updated in the box below the Counted column.
In case you want to exclude certain items from the stock-take, that can be done by clicking on the three vertical dots on the extreme right of the screen and selecting, Exclude Stock.
Sometimes the stock-take can take long to complete. In such cases you can pause the stock-take, to continue later on. Just click on the Pause Count button. You can resume editing at any point in time over the next 30 days.
5. Then click on the Review Count button to review the changes in the Stock Information. On clicking the Review Count button, the results are displayed in a new window along with the price of the inventory items.
6. Click on the Complete Count button after finishing the review. Once completed, the quantity of each stock item will be updated according to the count entered as per the physical stock-take.