How to compute Commission for Sale of Inventory
Commission for Staff can now be computed for Sale of Inventory Items. Only Bills which have been paid in full is used to calculate commissions. Part paid bills will not pay out any commissions until such time that the bill has been fully paid. If a Bill is paid in full, the commission has been given to the Staff and then the Bill gets canceled – the commission will be reversed. If the Bill gets deleted, the commission will be deleted.
Let us see how Commissions work:
A. Setup Commissions
1. Click on Inventory | click on an Inventory Item | On the Inventory Item page scroll down and you will find the Commission Structure. Enter the Commission % that needs to be given to the Staff.
2. Commission on Sale – Commission is computed for the Staff selling the Inventory Item. The commission is calculated on the Net Selling Price (I.e. net price received by the clinic after discounts) and is accredited to the staff only after the Bill is paid in full.
B. How to select the Staff for Commission for Billing
It is important that the right staff is selected at the time of billing for the Commission Structure to work smoothly.
Let’s see how we can do that:
1. Click on Financials | New Bill | when the New Bill screen opens up add the relevant inventory item to which a commission structure is applied and on the bottom right side of the screen where it says Practitioner select the appropriate staff before you Save.
C. How to generate a Report for Commission
1. Let’s assume a given Inventory has the following Commission Structure given to it.
2. A patient buys that inventory and is billed and the amount (e.g 225 INR) is fully paid for. When we go to Reports | and run a report on ‘Commission‘ we can see the relevant amount ( 8% of the sale of Inventory) accredited to the Staff.