How to access Patient History and Consent in Calendar
You can have Patients fill out health questionnaires and sign off consent forms prior to their consultation with the Doctor. This can be done directly off the Calendar. The following steps show us how:
1. Go to Calendar and click on the Patient History & Content icon under the patient name in the scheduled appointment list on the extreme left of the page. This icon only appears if the appointment requires the patient to give consent or to fill out a questionnaire. If both are not required then the icon will not come and rest of the steps can be skipped.
2. The Patient’s Chart will open up. The patient can fill out the relevant information.
You can now leave the patient alone with the Computer or Tablet. When access is given to a Patient, the screen is locked and confined to the Patient Chart only.
If there is a Consent Form that needs to be signed, Clinicea will show that too. It will also ensure compliance by ensuring no data is allowed to be saved until such time that the Consent Form is signed off by the Patient.
3. The Patient can sign the consent by clicking on the on Consent icon which says Due in “red”. This will open the Patient Consent form. The patient can digitally sign off using the mouse or stylus or just their fingers if on a tablet.
The Consent form can be signed off by the Patient, Witness, and Doctor, as may be required in your Clinic. Once done, click on Save, or Save & Print, or Email, to merge the digital signatures with the consent form. This merged document is auto-saved in the Patient’s Chart.
4. Once the Patient has filled out the Patient Questionnaire, signed the Consent form and saved it, a Thank You message will appear on the screen. Take access back from the Patient and click on the UNLOCK SCREEN button.
5. An Unlock Screen window will open. You have to type in the Password and click on UNLOCK SCREEN,
You need to put your password to unlock. In case the staff who had started the process is not around to put in their password to unlock the screen, simply Sign out and Sign back in.
6. Once the screen has been unlocked, the Calendar screen will open automatically. The Patient History & Content icon under the patient name in the scheduled appointment list will now change to green in color, to show this process has been completed by the patient.