How to generate a Purchase Order
You can generate a purchase order from your clinic to reorder any inventory items. This can be done as follows:
1. Go to Inventory | Stock Order | +Order Stock.
2. A New Order window will open with a Vendor flyout on the right side of the screen.
On the left extreme left of the screen, the Details will appear. Your clinic name will be shown under the Ordered By name and you have to select either the Vendor or the Clinic option from where you want to order items to be Supplied By (for example, Vendor).
3. Now, let us select a vendor name from the list available on the Vendor flyout at the right side of the screen.
You can also set a Reference Number, Transaction Date, Transaction Due Date, and Internal Comments if needed.
4. Next, to add inventory items to the order list, there are two options.
a. Auto-Fill for Reorder Level: If you select this option all inventory items whose current QOH is below the Re-Order Level will be automatically added to the list. The quantity will also get auto-set based on this formula: (Target Quantity – QOH)/ Pack size.
The values for Target Value, Reorder Level, Quantity on Hand (QOH) and Pack Size can be entered from the Inventory Details page for a particular inventory item.
For example, let us take an inventory item called Crocin Strip.
Unit QOH is 190.
The Reorder level is 210.
Target Level Value is 500
Pack Size is Strips of 10.
So, this item will be available for Auto-fill option as QOH (190) < Reorder Level (210). The order quantity will be auto-calculated as (Target Qty:500 – QOH:190)/10 = 31 Packs.
b. Add Items Manually: To add Inventory items manually to an Order, select this option and search and add items. Here also the number of packs to be ordered will be auto-calculated according to the above formula which can be changed as needed.
5. Once done, click on the Save or Print Order button at the bottom of the screen. A new Stock Order is created. Also against each Inventory item, the Vendor name will be updated to the one you had specified in this order.
6. If you want to cancel an order then click on the three vertical dots on the extreme right in the Stock Order list and click on Cancel Order.
7. If you want to search for an order from the Stock Order list, then enter the Reference no in the search bar. Then from the drop-down select Open Orders. Then, select the Stock Movement from the drop-down list. For example, Clinic to Vendor. Select the Date Range and then click on the search button.
8. If you want to receive stock against an Open Order, simply search and open the Order. Change quantity or pricing if required and then click on Receive Stock button at the bottom of the page.
9. There are 2 possibilities here.
a. In case you have set a 2nd level-check for Inventory Authorisation, then a request for Inventory Authorisation will be created for your Supervisor. The Supervisor needs to go to Authorisation and approve the request that has come in for this Inventory Authorisation. Accordingly, a debit or credit note will also get generated. And then the steps outlined in step b. will take place.
b. In case you do not have a 2nd level check setup for Inventory Authorisation, at this point, the stock quantities are increased in the system. Also, an expense voucher is generated. To view the expense voucher, search for the order in the Received Order list and open it.
Then click on View Expense Voucher button as shown below.
Alternatively, you can also go to Financials | New Expense | Under HEAD select Expense: Stock | Select from the search result.
10. The Voucher created is Due as denoted by the Due Label. If paid the same can be updated for the voucher as well by clicking on the voucher # to view the details and entering the Payment Mode and Date. Once Saved, the voucher is converted to Paid Status from Due.