How to change Pregnancy Status
You might want to record the pregnancy status and other related information for a patient. This option only appears for female patients older than 14 years. Let us take a look at how to do this.
1. Go to Patient | Select patient and open Patient Medical Record | In the Patient Medical summary, you will see the snapshot of the Patient. Here click on the blue text against Pregnancy. This opens the Pregnancy and Allergies.
2. In Pregnancy and Allergies, select Pregnant/Nursing and enter the details in the fields as defined below. Once done click Save.
a. Using Contraception
Check this to ON if the patient is using contraception (artificial methods to prevent pregnancy). This information is highlighted next to Patient Name on every window in the EMR, making it easy for you when prescribing or ordering investigations or when making assessments.
Check this to ON if the patient is pregnant or is a nursing mother. This information is highlighted next to Patient Name on every window in the EMR, making it easy for you when prescribing or ordering investigations or when making assessments.
- G stands for Gravidity – the number of times a woman got pregnant irrespective of whether it was interrupted or resulted in a live birth.
- P stands for Para – number of Live Births
- A stands for Abortus – the number of miscarriages or abortion.
Ex: The obstetrical history of a woman who has had four pregnancies, one of which was a miscarriage before 20 weeks, would be noted as G4P3A1 (in the UK this is written as G4P3+1). That of a woman who has had one pregnancy of twins with successful outcomes would be noted as G1P1.
d. LMP Date
Enter the date of LMP (Last Menstrual Period). LMP date can be a date given by the patient or it can be based on USG or manual.
EDD (Expected Delivery Date) is auto-calculated based on the LMP date. Clinicea will also calculate the current trimester that the patient falls into.
f. Fetal Age
This is the age of the growing baby. This is also auto-calculated for you based on the LMP date.
- If the patient is 14 years or above then pregnancy option is visible and can be edited.
- If the patient is below 14 years, then the pregnancy option is not visible.
- In the case of male patients also, the pregnancy option does not appear.